Dallas Drains can be cleaned out in various ways, but the inconvenience caused until then can be very stressful and irritating. To avoid getting trapped in such a mess, you can take a few simple precautions at your end that will help you avoid a blocked drain and related stressful and costly inconveniences.
Blocked drains can be caused by many reasons, but the headache and mess caused are really not worth being disregarded, so you should take a few preventative steps to avoid getting a blocked drain in Dallas.
Some Tips To Avoid Getting A Blocked Drain:
- Try this: instead of using chemical products, use a mixture of a quarter cup of baking soda mixed with 50 ml vinegar, which is added to boiling water. This solution used regularly will prevent your drain pipes from getting clogged.
- Make sure you don’t pour greasy or fatty liquids down the drain, as this may not flow easily through the drain pipe, causing blockages. The fat gets encrusted on to the sides, thus narrowing down the width of the pipe.
- Another cause of blocked Dallas drain pipes is hair. Make sure you clean out the excessive hair from the plugholes in bathrooms to avoid blockage.
- Make sure you clean out the sinks, toilets and baths regularly with disinfectant to avoid dirt and hair build-up.
- This is a very obvious tip, but most plumbers are called for help because the drain pipe is clogged with a large object that should not be there. This can be caused by accidentally flushing a toy, etc. Make sure such objects are not placed too close so they can be knocked over.
- Toilet fresheners also sometimes get accidentally flushed, so be careful.
- Avoid using excessive detergent, as this leads to a build up of the detergent on the pipes’ inner walls, thus reducing the water flow.
- Keep a regular check if the drainage is flowing freely by lifting the drainage covers at regular intervals.
- Don’t flush sanitary napkins or nappies down the toilet, as they will get clogged.
- Make sure there is no way for leaves and other garbage to get trapped in the drain pipes.
- Tree roots that grow into the pipes are another cause for concern, as this is something you don’t have control over. But fear not with new technology, like the Sanafoam Vaporooter and electric eels, you can clear your sewer and drain pipes of the live roots. The Vaporooter uses an herbicide, which kills the roots inside but does not get absorbed by the plant, thus not affecting the plants and shrubs above ground.